You have no items in your shopping cart.
The Yellow Guide Block is the standard block included in the Graft Crafter (GBU). It is designed to work with apple and most other harder wood scions and rootstocks.
Somtimes improper removal of the block will result in the peg on the bottom breaking. When changing the block size for a different cut, we suggest you gently wiggle the block as you remove it, or if it is very tight slip a knife or screwdriver blade under an edge to help pry the block off.
IF YOU BREAK THE PEG ON THE BOTTOM, YOU CAN STILL USE THE BLOCK BY REPAIRING IT AS FOLLOWS:
1. Drill out the remainder of the peg using a small diameter drill. The hole through the peg will be your guide.
2. Choose a diameter of all-thread bolt close to the diameter of the hole in the GBU base where the peg fits. Cut a sufficient length of it to thread into the hole and that will go through the block, leaving an inch or so above the block.
3. Carefully thread the replacement block into the base.
4. Re-drill the hole in the Yellow Block with a slightly larger diameter drill so that the block can easily fit over the replacement bolt.
5. Replace the block and fasten it down with a washer and wing nut. Voila! You have saved yourself time and money!
Scionon® Guide blocks are available for many different types of cuts and uses. When you order or are considering a Graft Crafter let us know what kinds of grafting you are considering and the uses you wish to put the tool to. We can help you choose the correct guide block(s) for your use. In addition, Ian Adams of Scionon is always developing new and improved blocks. He will be happy to consult with you on any new use you may be considering and advise on the best guide block for your purpose.